Inmates are allowed one package every thirty days. The list below clearly details the acceptable items that may be brought in the package. Any person who attempts to introduce contraband into the institution will be arrested and prosecuted. We can't be more clear about this. As long as the instructions below are followed, your package should reach its intended recipient.
Packages must be sent with return address and return postage guaranteed, or they will not be accepted.
No UPS, FedEx, or Express mail packages will be signed for by this department.
All items received will be subject to physical, electronic and fluoroscope search.
No food items will be accepted.
No alcoholic beverages, tobacco products or items the possession of which constitutes an offense under applicable Federal, State or local laws, or any article, which is readily capable to constituting a threat to the safety or security of the facility will be permitted.
Toilet articles for men
Contact lenses and solution
Eyeglasses (prescription ONLY and plastic frames)
(2) Face cloths, white only, no full-size or hand towels
Religious items (1 each)
Soft-covered book (Bible, Koran, etc.)
Cross, medallion or other regulated religious article, no dimension larger than 1.5 inches
Religious head wrap
Small prayer rug, approximately 3 feet by 3 feet
(1) Drawing pad, no sprial bindings or other metal fasteners
(12) Colored pencils, non-retractable, golf size only, no crayons or magic markers
An inmate’s existing court clothes must be given to a family member or otherwise disposed of before the department will accept additional clothes.
(6) T-shirts (white only), no tank tops, no pockets, no long sleeves, brand new in sealed package
(2) Pairs pajama sets, no blue or black, no draw strings, no pockets, no fleece, no ‘novelties’ such as cartoon characters or sports logos
(2) Pairs thermal underwear sets (white or off white only), no pockets, brand new in sealed package
(6) Pairs socks (white only) brand new in sealed package
(6) Underwear (white only) brand new in sealed package
(1) Pair shower slippers, no Velcro, no gel or air bubbles, no ‘Crocs’
(1) Writing pad, no spiral bindings or other metal fasteners
(12) Envelopes, blank or printed postage only, no stamps
(5) Newspapers, no local paper
(5) Magazines/journals, no explicit magazines
(12) Personal photos, no Polaroids, no explicit pictures
(12) Greeting cards
(10) Cassette tapes, factory sealed
(1) Walkman type AM/FM cassette player (factory sealed) no metal headphones, no clock, no antenna or external speaker, no oversized headphones
(4) Batteries, any brand
After visiting hours, money and money orders only will be accepted at Post-1 for any inmate between the hours of 4:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. Visitors are advised to mail packages whenever possible to avoid long lines at the facility.
Tobacco products are forbidden in packages.
Packages exceeding allowance will be returned to sender. Packages not returnable will be dealt with in accordance with applicable laws and procedures (including discard/destroy).